The fast and efficient way to find locum cover
Need a locum? Look no further.
We have partnered with the BeeFound team to provide Pegasus practices with an effective and easy to use tool for finding locum cover. Visit www.beefound.co.nz to learn more and to register your practice.
Day cover at the 24 Hour Surgery
If you’re planning to be closed for holidays or over Christmas and can't get cover, the trusted team at the 24 Hour Surgery can provide care for your patients in normal business hours.
Once you confirm this cover is available, you let your patients know that you'll be closed and that the 24 Hour Surgery will be providing care.
You can chose from the following options:
- Capitation Payment: A percentage of your daily capitation income is payable to the 24 Hour Surgery for the non-public holidays on which your surgery is closed. You may still be required to work shifts over Christmas /New Year in accordance with the normal Christmas shift allocation
- Extra shift(s) at the 24 Hour Surgery: No fee is payable to the 24 Hour Surgery. You will be given additional shift(s) on top of the usual Christmas/New Year allocation.
The patient will receive a discount on the 24 Hour Surgery normal fee and will only pay their usual fee. Patient notes are sent to the practice and the patient care reverts to their usual GP team.
This isn’t suitable for all patients as appointments cannot be guaranteed and wait times vary. Routine screening and repeat scripts should be scheduled for either side of the holiday break if possible. Your practice liaison can help with advice on ways to pre-call and recall patients to plan for breaks.
Please note: The Planned Cover service is only available to practices that contribute to the 24 Hour Surgery roster throughout the year. Numbers may be limited if demand exceeds supply.
To express your interest or if you have any questions please contact 03 363 8841 Ext: 4881 / 021 480 588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need medium to long term GP cover, please see our GP Recruitment and GP Plus services.
Benefits at a glance:
- 24 Hour Surgery is not an enrolling practice, so your patients remain with you
- Your patients will be able to access care when your practice is closed
- All consultation information is provided directly back to the practice